Monday, September 22, 2008

psalm 63


Tara posted this on her blog yesterday. It's from the Message Bible translation and it ministered to me so much.

Psalm 63

A David Psalm, When He Was out in the Judean Wilderness

1 God—you're my God! I can't get enough of you! I've worked up such hunger and thirst for God,traveling across dry and weary deserts.

2-4 So here I am in the place of worship, eyes open, drinking in your strength and glory. In your generous love I am really living at last! My lips brim praises like fountains. I bless you every time I take a breath; My arms wave like banners of praise to you.

5-8 I eat my fill of prime rib and gravy; I smack my lips. It's time to shout praises! If I'm sleepless at midnight, I spend the hours in grateful reflection. Because you've always stood up for me, I'm free to run and play. I hold on to you for dear life,and you hold me steady as a post.

9-11 Those who are out to get me are marked for doom, marked for death, bound for hell. They'll die violent deaths; jackals will tear them limb from limb. But the king is glad in God; his true friends spread the joy, While small-minded gossips are gagged for good."

So Lord, I figure as with all of your word, we can stand on this...

claim it...

believe it...

settle our hearts on it...

thank you in advance now for breakthrough...

so should I start now start preparing for prime rib and gravy?

No comments: